The Surly Pugsley may be the original fat bike, but this one is far from the original. Previously a great all-around fat bike, the Pugsley has been redesigned to be an ideal off-road touring and exploration rig. Surly lengthened the chainstays 12mm for stability when loaded and so your heels float effortlessly past panniers. The tweaked rear rack mounts on the dropouts let you center your rack over the wheel, despite the offset rear triangle. Those dropouts will take a 142 x 12mm thru axle if that's your schtick, but can also be used with 135 x 10mmm QR hubs with Surly's Adapter Washers. Pugsley brings back the 135mm-spaced offset fork, so you can run a front wheel with a spare cog or freewheel as a bail-out option to swap with the rear if your internally-geared hub freezes up in neutral or you smash your derailleur having too much fun. A plethora of three-pack mounts give you gear-hauling options aplenty, so go wild with your build.
- 100% Surly 4130 chromoly frame, main triangle is double-butted; 1-1/8" threadless brazed chromoly fork
- Four sets of Three-Pack Mounts (two on the fork, two on the downtube), a water bottle mount on the seat tube, and front and rear rack mounts
- 142 x 12mm rear dropout (or 135 x 10mm QR with Surly 10/12 Adapter Washers) with Rohloff torque arm slot
- 135mm-spaced fork with 17.5mm offset for wheel swappability
- 26 x 4.8" tire clearance in frame (with drivetrain restrictions), 26 x 4.3" tire clearance in fork
|Frame||4130 chromoly, double-butted main triangle, ED coated, TIG-welded|
|Fork||4130 chromoly, ED coated, TIG-welded|
Front: 135 x 10mm QR
Rear: 142 x 12mm
|Wheel Compatibility||26 Fat, 27.5 Fat, 29+|
* Subject to change without notice.
|Orange / Small||708752139770||FM1416|
|Orange / Medium||708752139763||FM1417|
|Orange / Large||708752139756||FM1418|
|Orange / X-Large||708752139749||FM1419|